Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Comment

I remeber watching Casting Crowns performing on tv one night and something Mark Hall said struck me and has stuck with me for a while. When I first heard him say it I was kinda like what did he just say, that can't be right, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. What he said was "God doesn't need me, He wants me." When I think about this and when he first said it that whole human nature ego thing kicks in with the whole "I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread" or "I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow." Who else is going to reach the people that only I can reach. Then reality and truth set in with God is God, he can do all things with or without me. He wants to come along with me on this journey we call life and lead the way. The thing that still floors me is that he knows me and has known me all my life and still wants me, he still calls me to do things for his kingdom, he can still and wants to use me in ways that I can't even imagine. He longs for me (us) to cry out to him and turn everything over to him. That is just so cool.

I went back into my childhood last night by watching a show that I used to watch all the time as a kid growing up EMERGENCY. A friend of ours has season one on dvd so he let me borrow it and I got a kick out of watching an episode last night brought back memories. I remember having the squad 51 fire helmet and some other stuff. Good stuff.

0 comments: