Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend observations

I must confess I really enjoy the weekends, got a double dose of church this weekend playing both Saturday and Sunday, actually we all did except for Mandy. Saturday night was good I really dig History Maker. Sunday was good as well. I don't know how it was for anyone else but I was blown away with everyone singing LOUDLY on It Is You, as soon as we started and the singing began I couldn't believe how loud it was. I'll admit it has been a hard week after talking to Ryan last Sunday night and finding out he was stepping down, I will miss him in the worship team aspect but I am glad to still be able to hang with him at church and I'm sure other times as well. He is the one who invited me into the worship team and I have enjoyed the few years we have spent playing and even writing some songs together. I hope everyone bears with us for a few weeks as we find our voice and groove with where we are led and who will be leading, who knows maybe Eric, Tim and I will start singing, who knows all I know is we will do what we are led to do and keep all eyes and focus on Jesus Christ.

The message was another great one, it mixed truth, comedy, real life experiences and even suspense with the a__h___ thing. It was fun to see and hear reaction Sunday morning after listening to it Saturday night and also being challenged myself to make today a totally positive day. I'll keep taking it a day at a time and before you know it everything will be positive and the negative will have to find someone else to mess with. Finally today is the last day of year 38 for me, it has been a good one starting out with a family vacation to Florida, North Carolina and Virgina and alot of other good things have happened along the way, drawing closer to God, starting a daily bible reading, leaving things I shouldn't be messing with behind and etc.. but it is also been a tough year with some hardships that have been experienced by myself and family and things that friends of ours have gone through. I know that somehow God is using these experiences for His kingdom and His glory, I may not understand why yet but someday I will and He will be praised.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to "Club 39". I've not found it to be too bad so far - it's the next level I'm not too happy about! :-)