Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You say it's your birthday...

Well it's my birthday too and if you see Jim Nabors or former President Bush tell them I said hey cause they share the same birthday as me. 39 today I'm getting to be an old fart but these things happen. I don't understand why some people are afraid and or ashamed of getting older, hey people its a fact of life we all get older. I am not ashamed to say I am 39 and will not be ashamed next year at the big 4-0. Man these people never would have made it back in the old testament when people lived 4 or 500 years and or more. "I'm turning 357 again this year" just has a wierd ring to it. Last year at this time we went to Sea World in Orlando, great place and if you get the chance I suggest you give it a shot. The only bad thing about that day was the tropical storm that was there and all the rain, we were so soaked. At first we were trying not to get wet than after awhile it was like who cares. The only bad thing was that we never got to see the whole Shamu show. When we got there for it we couldn't find 4 seats together so an usher said to sit here which was dead on center under the sound and video both perfect seats. They are reserved seats for the show but people weren't showing up so we sat there which was good because halfway through the show a storm came rolling through and they stopped the show and people all around us were scattering but we were dry. Seems like only yesterday we were there.

A few birthdays stick out more than others like that one and when I turned 12 and went to a Reds, (yes Bly I mentioned the Reds) game to see them play my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates at the time. Great day of course the Pirates won and Mike Easler of the Pirates hit for the cycle which for those baseball challenged people means he got a single, a double, a triple, and a home run. We sat about 20 rows up on the 1st base side in the blue seats which at the time were the lowest level, great game I need to get to the new ballpark and check it out, hey Vickery up for some baseball?

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Chief, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!