Thursday, June 21, 2007

WOW

As I sit and think back to the meeting last night all I can say is wow. This is gonna be cool. Faith stretching and growth will be a couple of words mentioned quite a bit in the near future. I think it is so cool that we have to add on for our kids, that can only mean big things when they grow up and become the leaders of our church and other churches as well. It is exciting to be a part of a church that is growing in more ways than just numbers. I remember as a child going to church every Sunday and enjoying it than through the teen years it got to be more of a struggle to go each week than it became an every once in awhile pattern until it got to the point where I stopped going to church all together. Since we started going here to FFC it has been nothing but total enjoyment and growing up. I hope and pray that the kids here from youth group to kidzone, to little kidzone, all the way down to the nursery never lose that spark of going to church. I think one of my favorite parts or elements of all this is the faith stretching, I for one am ready to get loose so I can be stretched like the old Stretch Armstrong toy.

Stick around and enjoy the challenges and growth that is coming our way. We were not going here when the move took place but watching the slideshow last night of the old church and the beginings of the new one was pretty cool to see it all take place. Now we are a part of this new chapter and it will be something to remember for years to come. If your not a part of it yet, what are you waiting for, it is time to get involved.

I will have to say though that when we got there last night and saw all the tools on the tables Tammy joked that she hoped I didn't have to use any of them because tools and I don't mix well, now give me a bat, golf club, or a guitar and now we are talking.

0 comments: