Monday, June 18, 2007

A little boredom

I was kind of bored this weekend so I decided to see if I could remember how many concerts I have attended. To the best of my knowledge I have seen over 60 concerts at over 30 different places and have seen over 100 different bands in 5 different states. I have seen shows in Indiana of course, Ohio, Florida, Illinois, and Kentucky. I have seen shows at Market Square Arena, I miss that place, Verizon Wireless-Deer Creek-insert your name here, RCA Dome, Allen County Memorial Coliseum, Hara Arena, Nutter Center at Wright State, Ball State Arena and shows at smaller venues like Emens, Reardon Auditorium, The Ritz, The Sherwood, Taylor Universtiy, The Key Palace in Redkey and others. Bands range from AC/DC to Zoegirl but no country. I really enjoy going to concerts and look forward to going to many more. I have seen bands alot of you have heard of like AC/DC, Kiss, Van Halen, Dokken, Aerosmith, and the likes in the secular scene and Third Day, David Crowder, Newsboys, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, Toby Mac, and even Jump 5 in the christian scene. I have also seen bands that many of you probably have never heard of like Shaded Red, Rachel Rachel, Benny Hester, Hoi Polloi, and many others.The bands I have seen the most are:

Apologetix 5 times
Guardian 4 times
Petra 4 times (twice in one week)
Randy Stonehill 4 times
Anthony Gomes 3 times

My favorite shows have been the last couple I went to with the kids, with Tyson - Stellar Kart, Kutless, and Newsboys and with Taylor - Family Force 5, Building 429, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Toby Mac. Others are David Crowder and Third Day at Emens, Fates Warning/Dream Theater/Queensryche in Columbus and Seven Places/Sanctus Real/Jeremy Camp in Avon. I have had the privilage of meeting quite a few of these artists and can't wait till the next show.

0 comments: