Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nice weekend

Good weekend that was extended by a day so that is always good, now its back to it. Sundays message was phenomenal and I know that God was and is working on others who have not yet commited but we'll keep praying and He will keep working. An old line to a song by a band called Tourniquiet "Pray without ceasing, give thanks for all things" that is what we will do. Talked to a friend for about an hour Sunday night about somethings he is going through and just some general discussion and some of it was a bummer but when I sit back and look at the whole picture it's not about me, not about him, it's all about God we just need to keep focus on what we are to do as christians.

Yesterday was fun hanging with Taylor and even Tyson for a bit at school for her graduation. I am going to have to come to the realization that she is going to grow up no matter what and there is nothing I can do about it but pray that she stays grounded in the word. This one is for PK sat down to watch the NASCAR race yesterday and was just getting comfortable when a loud bang outside happened and the power went off. Transformer blew a fuse a couple of houses down and we were without power for about 2 hours, thought we were going to have to play euchere and listen to country music on the transistor but luckily it never came to that. Get to go to a M&O meeting tonight and discuss "Simple Church", a book that we have been reading and I enjoy this book but I'll admit I haven't got to absorb all I should have with alot of distractions while reading. I need to sit down and read it all again and let it all soak in without interuptions to get the full effect. Maybe we will have ballgames tonight as well if the weather cooperates supposed to have 2 of them, I'll miss the first one but should be there for the last one.

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

NASCAR, euchere, and country music would make me blow my fuse too. ;-)