Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back on the radio

This Friday I'll be heading back over to Union City to the JOY FM studios and hang out for the first time in a few months. I really enjoyed taking the broadcast class and then putting that to use on Solid Rock Friday Nights a few times. I am hoping that this leads to something sometime as I have had email contact with the station and what they responded with sounds promising for future endevors. I ask you to pray with me and for me that this might turn into something. I feel that God is calling me into musical venues both at the church and outside of it and I know that if this is His will then all things will work out for HIS glory.

I've been struggling lately here at work with the whole is this where I am supposed to be or am I being lead elsewhere. The atmosphere here is not the greatest with alot of the actions and words spoken. There is alot of sexual inuendo that takes place here in the office that is quite frustrating to be around, the language and talk would make a sailor blush at times, and you can't do anything around here without alcohol and or pot involved so I just do my 10 hours and go. Don't get me wrong this is a good place to work for the most part for the last 13 years but sometimes my spiritual being side takes a beating. Here lies my problem, am I here to help those who have these addicitions by my actions and things I can talk to them about or has my time here come to where it is time to get to somewhere else where my spiritual side can get refreshed and recharged by being around fellow christians that build each other up and help each other out. I continue going back and forth between the two and one day it seems obvious to which one it should be than the next day it is the other one. Sometimes, well alot of times I wish God would put what I should do right on a billboard right in front of me so that even I couldn't miss it.

Thanks in advance for the prayers and be sure to check it out on 88.9 JOY FM Friday night from 8:00 to 11:00 and if you like what you hear and what I am doing there let the station know next week, I'll get you more info on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will be praying

bryan vickery said...

i know exactly what you mean about your work environment and the question of whether to be a light in your current environment or grow more and minister to people in another environment.

i suppose every spirit-filled Christ-follower struggles with this at some point in their lives.

i wonder if Jesus' human side ever led him to ask a similar question...

anyway, i'll pray for you.