Thursday, August 2, 2007

Milestone reached

Well here it is post 100, just imagine streamers and fireworks and the whole nine yards on your computer right now. Celebration, fan fair, marching bands, NOT. Its been kinda cool just sharing thoughts, stories, tidbits and other items here as well as reading others comments and blogs, who would have thought 10 years ago you could do something like this.

Last night was my acting debut at VBS and I thought it would be just a 1 time thing at some point during the program, but we had to do the skit 3 times. It was fun and we got the kids and leaders to laugh a bit and that caused me to chuckle a few times. I was Judah Bentherdunthat who is the father of Iva Bentherdunthat and Nevah Bentherdunthat and soon to be Youva Bentherdonthat, made a few jokes did a little adlibing and for the first two performances forgot one of the biggest lines in the skit. I played a fisherman who was an eyewitness to Jesus calming the storm. And the first two I forgot to say that He stood up and said "Peace, be still". We got the message across but forgot that line. It was alot of fun just to be silly, loose, and having fun at my own dorkiness. Will be back there tonight doing something a little easier as the Heavions are making a apperance.

3 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Hi :o)
I just stumbled across your blog. I'm in a worship team too. But i'm a singer, not an instrument player.
The play sound really funny. The way those names go together is quite clever. I had to laugh at you forgeting the "Be still" line! lol
The lyrics on your side bar are awesome! I'm trying to find that now :o)

TitanThirteen said...

Just noticed you're a fan of Hillsong United. We sing a lot of their songs at our church. I have so many favs i wouldn't know where to start! "Take it all" & "Tell the world" are absolutly awesome!
Me and a few other members of our worship team went to Hillsong last year for a worship team intensive thingy We got to meet some United guys, and watch them reherse. It was soooooo great!!!
We are going back next year for the conference. Didn't go this year coz we couldn't afford it.
Love Kutless too! Their song, "Run" always makes me cry :o/
What do you think about P.O.D? Their song, "Alive" is great for songing at the top of your lungs while driving! lol

Derek Chalfant said...

I like P.O.D. I think that Boom would be a good call to worship song, complete with smoke, flashing lights and of course some pyro. Untied is doing a conference this year in Orlando on November 9 and 10th I believe and would love to check it out. My brother went to Hillsong college for 2 years and got me hooked on them. Thanks for checking out the blog.