Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thief


I am a thief, I am a murderer
Walking up this lonely hill
What have I done? I don't remember
No one knows just how I feel
And I know, that my time is coming soon

It's been so long, oh such a long time
Since I've lived with peace and rest
Now I am here, my destination
I guess things work for the best
And I know, that my time is coming soon

Who is this man? This man beside me
They call the King of the Jews
They don't believe, that He's the Messiah
But somehow I know it's true

Oh, they laugh at Him in mockery
And they beat Him till He bleeds
They nail Him to the rugged cross,
And they raise Him...they raise Him up, next to me

My time has come, I'm slowly fading
I deserve what I receive
Jesus, when You are in Your kingdom
Could you please, please remember me

He looks at me still holding on
The tears fall from His eyes
He says, I tell the truth....
Today, you will be with me in paradise

And I know, that my time is coming soon
And I know, that my time is coming soon
And I know, that paradise, paradise is coming soon.




That is the song "Thief" by Third Day. It is from the perspective of one of the criminals that Jesus was crucified with, you can read about it in Luke 23:39-43. He realizes that Jesus is who He said He was and asks for forgivness on the cross beside Him. It always gets me to think even on the cross after all Jesus went through that he was still compassionate, caring , loving and forgiving. What an example to live by.

0 comments: