Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Compassion Update

I got an email from Compassion the other day and thought I'd share a few tidbits from it. They now have 1,043,857 children registered with them now and 857,296 of those children are sponsored. I am excited to see them nearing the 1 million sponsored children mark that is just too cool.

Here is something that really excites me and makes me say YES, more than 37,200 Compassion assisted children have received Jesus Christ as their personal savior, come on say it with me.......YES.

Bibles have been given to 32,500 children and families in need.

Over 308,430 children received health check ups and 83,280 were treated for health issues.

More than 175,000 mosquito nets have been purchased to date.

If you haven't sponsored a child or if you want to or even just get more info on Compassion just click on the word or on the side of the blog and check it out for yourself. I got another email from them last night that is offering tours of their facility in Colorado Springs, that would be cool to check that out and see how they do what they do. If you sponsor a child don't forget to write them and say hey.

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

yes yes yes and let me say again YES!!!!! Wahoo! -Mindy

Sue said...

THANK YOU for posting this!

Each one of us REALLY CAN make a difference!

Keym said...

We received our first letter from our child last week and it was such a blessing. Everyone should sponsor a child.