Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update

Back at the end of last year, start of this year this guy challenged us at youth to read the bible in a year, which I did for the first time last year. With the year half over we should be in Psalms somewhere but I have fallen a bit behind and tonight I will be starting the favorite of this young lady, Job. I am close to being caught up and after a few good nights of reading I can get back on track and finish it out this year again, and even though this girl says she is hoping to finish now before she graduates I think I encourage her to stay the course for this year. I have also been reading a chapter a day of the New Testament here at work during lunch but there is a problem. I am at Romans 4 which means there is 140 chapters left, I looked and there are 126 days left (Monday-Friday only) and if you factor in I have 5 of those scheduled off takes it to 121. Now take out the holidays (Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and Christmas) and that takes it down to 117. Now I've never claimed to be the smartest tool in the shed but it don't add up. Now I could take the 5 chapters of James out because we are going over that in our growth group and that would take it down to 135 and take out the 4 chapters of Philippians that this guy and this guy as well as Ryan have been talking about and that would be 131. Still doesn't add up. So I guess I'll just read until I decide to stop for the day and I can complete this journey as well. Anyone else reading through the bible in a year?

Spreading a little link love by the way.

0 comments: