Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today is the day

Today is the day, you have made..... sounds like the new Lincoln Brewster song oh wait it is. I dig that song and maybe today I'll play it on 88.9 JOY FM from a little after 3 til 7 pm on the Workday Wrap-Up. They are giving me the keys again for this show and I'm ready for it, it's gonna be fun come join me and have some fun too. I came in bright and early today at 5 am to be able to leave here at 2 pm which after a quick stop home and grab some things and out the door should put me over there around 3:15 to 3:30 and maybe earlier. After the show head off to the church for meeting night, its a bummer that I have to miss the first part of it but I'll make it there. Gonna be a fun day be sure to call in some requests at 877-335-4569 for the all request drive at 5 and for those who read this I'll give you a heads up, I think we will make todays request hour be songs from a band or duo/group kind of thing i.e. Mercy Me, Kutless, Phillips, Craig & Dean that kind of thing, sorry Steven Curtis and Jeremy but you'll have to wait until 6 to be heard again. So be thinking of those duos and groups you like and give me a buzz.

2 comments:

Tommy Phelps said...

Hey Derek,
I had the pleasure of listening to you on JOY-FM this evening. As an old Air-personality, you sounded pretty gooooooood. Nice job. A lot of people don't know what goes on while the music is playing. Can be nerve wracking some times. You did a great job. Looking forward to talking with you and hearing you again.

I miss those good ole days. LOLOL

Unknown said...

Great job Der--proud of you.