Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Visual journey of my day on the radio

This is a picture of the production room where all the voice overs are done like for the different spots and stuff that you hear like the community announcements and such. Haven't done anything back here yet but I'm sure that day will come.

This is a sign they have on the door that people who help out at the station or help with the Sharathons sign. Notice anyone?
Here's a closer look.

Master controls. This is where I spend my time. The knob all the way to the left is the one to turn on when I want to talk, the one next to it is the 2nd mic, the third one is the most important one it is the one that controls the computer and what is going over the air.
Here is the computer that runs things, the yellow number is counting down the song so when it gets to :00 its time to talk if there is a break put in there otherwise it just goes on to the next item. That Auto On red square is very important, if it is like it is then the next thing in line will just take off after whatever is above it is done if it is in Auto Off and white you have to manually start it which is clicking on the purple square to the far left. Auto on very good.
This is the dial that gave me fits that one Saturday, I had it on 2 which is nothing, should have been on 1 like it is for the phone.
The brains of the operation, the weather alert system and some other stuff that I don't know about, all I know is "NO TOUCHY"
Here is the antenna that gets it all out, ok not really but pretty funny though.
It was fun there today, thanks to all those who listened and those who called and participated in todays show it was fun and I'm probably going to get in trouble for telling people to rub Dan Franks' head on Saturday, it was funny though.





3 comments:

brenda c said...

I heard that comment about Dan Franks!!! You did a good job.

Coby said...

I've been there! =] You did a great job! Thanks for playing one of my favorites! =]

Derek Chalfant said...

Brenda & Coby,

Thanks for the compliments and thanks for listening, I hope Dan don't get mad.

Coby, which one would that have been?