Monday, October 13, 2008

Another good weekend gone by

Don't know if anyone else had a good weekend but I know I sure did, even got to start it off a little early by getting off of work at 1 pm on Friday. Left early because Tammy and I were going to go get a new car, saw one at Grimm in Winchester we really liked so we were off to there. Got over there and drove it, not bad but Tammy was hearing something she didn't like, they checked it out and agreed to fix it. Sat down to work out the numbers and got it in the range we wanted so we were scheduled to go back over there this evening to drive it again and go from there. We drove a 2008 Impala that was a very nice ride, too bad that wasn't in our range. So we head home wondering are we doing the right thing and I kept telling myself and Tammy that we were. Went to JOY FM to run the board for the football game and then got to rock out for a little over an hour with Solid Rock Friday Night, I'll be back over there this Friday doing SRF from 10 to 11, come rock with me.

Saturday we decided to go to Muncie and look at some more vehicles because the one from Winchester wasn't sitting right. Head off to Muncie behind Tammy and realized about Selma that I didn't have my wallet, opps. Turned around went back to get it and then to go meet Tammy to go looking. This delay gave me time to pray and finally get it, by that I mean I'd been praying about getting the right car and God leading us to it and I kept hear NO in my prayer but kept overlooking it, talking myself into believing we were doing the right thing, but it was real clear during the trip finally into Muncie that this is not the time to get a car, don't you love it when you finally GET IT and then realize all these little stumbling blocks were placed there on purpose for me to see this. I started wondering how Tammy would take this new news flash and she was very receptive and totally agreed, she mentioned it was like a weight being lifted off her shoulders. Long story short no new car, getting the old one fixed up and then its save money time and maybe next year we will be able to get another vehicle.

Church and youth both rocked yesterday, helped out at both youth groups which was alot of fun, don't know if you know it or not but we have alot of good kids in our midst at FFC. Here is yesterdays song list:
O' For A Thousand Tounges - David Crowder Band* version (thanks Pink for helping out, speaking of Pink-when you gonna blog again brother?)
Forever - Chris Tomlin
Let Every Thing That - Matt Redman
All We Need - Charlie Hall (I like the rocked up version we do on this one)
Indescribable - Chris Tomlin
Thank You- Not real sure who this is at this moment
Awesome God - Rich Mullins (Haven't done this one in a while but it sure was loud)

0 comments: