Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2 days later

I know its 2 days later but here is a recap of Sunday's song list and a few other tidbits. First off it was cool to have our buds from Columbus (Aub & Roy) there at church this weekend, wish we would have been able to have lunch afterwards but it didn't work out. Hope you guys come back again and hang out. Music was fun and wasn't that totally awesome all those kids that seemed to just keep coming and coming. We have a great future ahead of us. Youth was fun with a little dodgeball and hanging out with the dudes and dudettes. The only bad thing about Sunday was the NASCAR race, I'm tired of the same people winning. I remember when there was a time where there were 15 to 20 drivers who could win, now its much lower and man are most of the races boring. I know some of you have thought that all along, but working with a short track series I miss those races that hardly ever had a guy win by over 6 seconds.

Speaking of the short track stuff, the series I worked for are is in Nashville this weekend for the Adam Petty Memorial All American 400 at the Nashville Fairgrounds. I went one year and that was awesome. This year there are 45 cars entered with drivers from 16 states and 1 from Canada. That is going to be a great race.

Something I failed to mention last week was that Angel Silvers, Tammy and myself all went to the Christian Men's Ministries Friday to serve breakfast. Bad thing was they really didn't have any food so we ran to Micky D's and got them breakfast. I think they enjoyed it as it was pretty quiet in there for a bit while they all dug in. That was fun. The dude who was in charge was a pretty cool fellow even if he declined going to work for me that day.

Sundays Songs:
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
Oh Praise Him - David Crowder Band*
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brian Doekerson
You Are My Portion - Darrel Evans (I was singing this song all weekend)
The Solid Rock - Edward Mote
The Arms Of Love - Vinyard
Famous One - Chris Tomlin

0 comments: