Monday, October 20, 2008

Hmmm..

Not playing yesterday with the worship team left me thinking a bit yesterday. When your not playing you pay a little more attention to the words of a song. Most Sundays I'm up there reading the words but paying more attention to what chord is coming next or when to change settings on the foot pedal to get a different sound or what the little fill or riff is coming up. There are alot of things happening sometimes up there that keeps my attention from what is being said. Now before anyone thinks any differently there are those times where the lyrics of the song do connect and they connect in a big way. I had forgotten though what it was like to hang out in the seats for a whole service, those days are nice every once in awhile. I did find myself a few times going D, Am, F# here is where the little riff is....

Youth was fun as we went on a picture scavenger hunt which was fun and challenging. We didn't win but my team had some fun, even tried to hold up the team of Jamie Vickery at the Pizza King in P-Town down. It was all fun and had alot of laughs and now after the fact come up with some ideas of how we could have done things differently to maybe fair a bit better. Next time.

0 comments: