Thursday, October 2, 2008

The day has arrived.

Today is the day that we are giving away Layla our dog. It has been a month or so since we decided that we need to find another place for her and yesterday one of the fellows that Tammy works with asked if we were still had her and if we were still looking for someone to take her. She said yes and he said he would take her so today Tammy is taking her into him. It is a bummer but I know in the long run it is the best thing. The kids kind of took it hard yesterday but thanks to Mom and Dad I think they now understand the situation a little better. Its gonna be wierd going home today and not having her jump up on me, maybe Tyson can do that now, or the actual getting up when the alarm clock goes off instead of hitting snooze to take her out. It will have its moments of difficulty but I still believe that this is best for all of us. She was good, she was bad, she was a joy to play with, and sometimes she was a pain but all in all she was a good dog to have for the few months we had her. I'm sure the kids will come up with some other type of pet that we should have and with Tyson that scares me because who knows what animal he would like as a pet. I guess it was only fitting that for the first time in the months that we had her that I stepped in a pile of poo this morning getting her chain up out of the ground. Oh the symbolism.

0 comments: