Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun filled afternoon

I come home yesterday after work to see this sitting outside our house and no I'm not talking about Mr. Price there. Taylor got home from school and when she went inside see smelled gas and no not leftovers from my spicy burritto and chilli cheese fritos from last week. Tammy had told me on the phone about what happened and that Taylor was over at Mom and Dad's and I guess they even went over there and smelled it as well. So Tammy got ahold of the police and Melvin Nott came down to take a look and he notified the fire department so they came down to take a look.
Funny thing is as I was picking Tyson up at school when we came out I heard the fire siren ringing and kind of laughed cause I knew where they were going. Told Tyson we might have some visitors when we get home and we did. We can joke about it now since it was nothing, they took their little meter thingys in there and couldn't detect anything out of the ordinary, but I am glad for a good bunch of guys on the FFD whom I was once a member of a few years back. It was also funny driving down the road and seeing the people standing in their yards looking down there with their morbid curiosity, which yes we all have from time to time. All is well and I had to take a couple of pics to keep up with PK and his photos of the trips the department makes out to FFC.

After things settled down Tammy and I watched a little Perry Noble.
It was a message on tithing and financial things which went well with our current series plus they had Decemberadio leading worship that particualar Sunday. If you want to check it out go to NewSprings website and watch the video. Its a good message and service. It made me think, why can't we get a national act to come lead worship for us some Sunday, I'd hand over my guitar to them for a week, hmmmm..

0 comments: