Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun couple of days

The last few days were a blast and I am thankful that I got the opportunity to go to The Sticks Conference. It was cool and it had some amazing speakers. It was alot of fun hanging out with a couple of the pastors from church and learning things about them and just hanging out. Even tried my very first Starbucks or as I like to put it *$'s. This little thingy * looked more like a star on my phone than it does my computer though. All in all it was a great time. Tuesday we heard from Mark Batterson, Barry Wochester and Charles Hill. All 3 brought something different to the table and each one was good. I really enjoyed Charles Hill, his church was the one hosting. The breakouts were good and got to talk tech with the worship leader there at New Hope (in ear monitors was the basis of our discussion). Yesterday we heard from Tim Stevens, Shannon O'dell, and Dwight Mason. Once again these 3 brought it, each one something different. I had Tim Stevens in a breakout session and enjoyed him more there but Shannon just flat out brought it and I'll be watching him and Charles Hill on dvd probably tonight.

This was my first conference so I didn't know what all to expect but it was a very enjoyable experience and there were a couple of WOW moments like the communion on Tuesday and the Youth Band from New Hope yesterday. They did a song that I don't know if they wrote or not but it was pretty good and looking around the room I don't know if alot of the people were getting it or not. Then they busted into Mighty To Save and worship broke out in a BIG way. That was one of the biggest highlights for me. Good times and a great conference now I'm ready for the next one, say maybe Catalyst.....hmmm.

0 comments: