Monday, November 10, 2008

Headed to the STIX's

In just a few short hours I'll be headed to the STIX's with a 4 of our pastors. What is the Stix's you ask, it's a conference for smaller sized churches in little towns. It looks like its gonna be fun and I am excited to go and pick up some info and knowledge and bring it back and put it to use. Just a half day here at work then off to see Tammy's new office digs then to the church then off to Loundonville for the conference.

This weekend we had alot on our plate of things that we needed to get done, especially on Saturday but instead of doing all of them we kind of just lounged around the house and just took it easy. It was alot of fun but still need to get them done. We did go out to the church and seperate the toys that were brought in and got everything ready for Sunday morning. There was alot of stuff there and Tammy was thinking we might get 50 or 60 boxes out, WRONG. I think the last total was around the 110 to 120 range. She said it reminded her of the story of Jesus feeding 5,000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, the kids just kept going around and around filling the boxes. Only God can do that and I know that we are gonna be blessing alot of children this Christmas.

Thanks also to all of you with the compliments about the worship time yesterday, its cool to hear those things even though I get a little embarassed by them. I'm just doing my part in serving the Lord, cause I couldn't do it on my own. Speaking of yesterday here is a look at the songs:

How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin (Could actually hear myself this weekend and this one started off the service with a bang.)
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin
Glorious - Chris Tomlin (I really liked this one with the switching of lead vocals in the verses)
Mighty To Save - Hillsong (Did this one just a bit different but it still packs a powerful punch)
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin (This has turned into a personal favorite. Messed up in the bridge section though, I came in later than I was supposed to. Fun song to let loose on)

3 comments:

Nathan said...

hope the conference is a blast!

Unknown said...

You guys and gals rocked Sunday. Love to get there early to watch a little practice, too. Pastor Debi delivered an excellent sermon.

Unknown said...

I have to ask, how many CD's did you take to Sticks? And if you listened to any on the way.