Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The weekend that was

I know its Tuesday and I'm just getting around to recaping the weekend but I took a glorious day off yesterday and it was nice. My 9 days off are shrinking but there is still lots of time to enjoy. This weekend was fun and enjoyable and at times it was one of those where did the time go kind of things. Taylor was invited to play in Winchester on Sunday with 99 other 7th, 8th & 9th graders from East Central Indiana in a high school band thingy that was really cool. I didn't know what to expect going into it but after spending time over there Sunday it was really good. They all sounded good, even though I had no idea what they were playing, and they did a great job. Hopefully we can get a video of the performance to relive those memories. Only bad thing was and now we know, sit up higher so you can see all of the kids instead of just the front row, we could barely see Taylor. Had to miss youth and the doorbell ditching but I really enjoyed hanging out with the family and watching Taylor preform.

Sundays service was another good one and PK and Pink both brought it. I love the passion in which both of those individuals have and when they share that with us. We are blessed to have them and all the other pastors on staff leading our church. I absolutely enjoy playing Let God Arise and Mighty To Save, I could play them a couple times a month and not get tired of them and I think that the congregation enjoys them as well. My fingers had a mind of their own again on the begining of Your Grace Is Enough, that is 2 or 3 times in a row now and its frustrating, I can nail it all day long here at home and at practice but during service they forget what they are doing, guess I have batting practice fingers.

Sunday Set List
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
Days Of Elijah - Twila Paris
Prince Of Peace (You Are Holy) - Micheal W. Smith
Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin
Mighty To Save - Hillsong
Majesty - Jack Hayford
Oh Come Let Us Adore Him - ?

2 comments:

Nathan said...

you guys rocked! it sounded great!

Unknown said...

I agree with Nate. Very inspirational from start to finish. I doubt there was a dry eye anywhere.