Monday, November 17, 2008

Just couldn't wait...

In case you didn't notice yesterday, but I think it was pretty obvious, I couldn't wait to hit that one chord on the first song. Couldn't wait so I hit it a line too early. That was the one chord I was looking forward to playing the most yesterday and I just couldn't contain my excitement so I just had to get it out there. I think though that we recovered nicely. Good song set yesterday and like I told Brent I really liked the ending where we all, for whatever reason just stopped playing and let everyone sing, awesome stuff. Tried something different yesterday, I had some earphones plugged in to the back of my foot pedal, I dug that, still getting used to it but I can really hear myself with that and still hear everyone else through the monitors. Youth was fun playing a little basket-dodgeball or was it dodge-basketball? Good times. Taylor has her first ballgame tonight and shes a tad nervous and excited at the same time. She took a year off from cheerleading but has really dug in this year so if you can say a quick prayer for her and her nervousness. Thanks.

Sunday set list
All We Need - Charlie Hall
Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman/Tree63
He Reigns - Newsboys
Undo - Rush Of Fools
Let My Words Be Few - Matt Redman
Healing Rain - Micheal W. Smith
Jesus Draw Me Close-You Are My All In All - Rick Founds & Dennis Jernigan
Above All - Lenny LeBlanc & Paul Baloche

2 comments:

Dana Deffendall said...

I didn't notice that it was too early. It sounded good. Gary and I were trying to remember who sings Undo. Thanks for the list. We missed friday night radio. Our kids would have loved to hear Tyson on there. Of course, they think you are famous for being on the radio.

Rick Brown said...

sorry we didnt give taylor much to cheer about