Thursday, November 29, 2007

Earl Pitts?

In the imortal words of Earl Pitts, "You know what makes me sick? You know what makes me so angry I just wanna spread my ears with jelly and roll in a big anthill." (thats funny if you know who Earl Pitts is, if you don't your probably thinking what is this all about). I noticed last week that there were quite a few houses on the way to work that allready had up Christmas decorations. Now don't get me wrong I think it is cool to see the houses all done up and all but to have it done before Thanksgiving is just plain crazy I think. Now I know alot of people who put the tree up either on Thanksgiving or the day after and more power to ya on that. It seems that each year it is getting earlier and earlier that decorations go up. My own personnal rule is it has to be December before decorations go up, but if you really know Tammy and I you will know that it is not uncommon for it to be the week before Christmas when the tree finally goes up and usually on Christmas day the tree comes down and is put up. We are not Scrooges by any means but I guess we just like our living room as normal as normal can be. Now shopping for Christmas (notice I've never once called it anything other than Christmas. No holiday day or whatever these crazy people want to call it so no one gets offended, get over it people) is another story, Tammy has been know to start as early as July or August hiding stuff in the closet and the kids know to stay out. I've never been one to search the house to see where presents are hidden, thanks Mom. Dad did that once, he found a real nice radio Mom bought him and laughed and teased her about finding it so she took it back and got a cheap little radio (which they still have and this was 25 or so years ago) so I took a mental note and never looked.

I forgot yesterday so here is the hint for what is going on this weekend, I'll be spending time with a few cats and horses. More later...................

1 comments:

aghvft said...

earl pitts is a fucking dumbass half wit