Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not there yet.

The pastor at the church we visited this weekend had a few good points that I would like to tell you about. The message was on personal worship and some of the things that this includes. First was prayer. This is something that I do daily as I hope you do as well. That being said though sometimes my prayer life isn't where it needs to be. Do you ever find yourself during prayer letting your mind drift off in another direction thinking about something you forgot at the store, what your doing later, something that happened earlier in the day, etc.... I have a problem with this alot of times especially during the drive into work. That is when I have a little prayer time but my mind starts going to what am I going to blog about today, what are we doing at practice tonight, etc... One of his suggestions was to go to a quiet place where there are no distractions where it is just you and God. This is something that I definately need to work on.

Another point was on reading the bible daily. I have been on a reading schedule from Deliberate People, check the site out at the side, and have done good at times staying on schedule than other times I get a day or two or more behind. I am back on track now with the schedule but sometimes I feel that I am just reading and not getting anything from it. Once again the mind drifts, someone asks a question, something happens on tv and I am not fully in. I do know that next year when I start this all over again I am going to do a journal and hopefully find a time and a place where I can get fully locked in with what I am reading and how to apply it.

There was a third point but right now I totally forget what it was, I sometimes wonder if I got ADD or am just getting old because I forget alot of stuff anymore and feel scatterbrained everyonce in a while. Does anyone else feel this way?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope - you're the only one Derik!
R U kidding? I have trouble remembering what I was doing 5 minutes ago, let alone keeping my mind focused long enough to pray or read anything without it straying here and there.
Finding a quiet place is a good idea - however - does that actually exist when there are still kids at home?
Let me know if you find one!