Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend wrap-up

This weekend just absolutely flew by, lot of fun, lot of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and even a little bit of rest. Saturday Tyson had a basketball game which his team won which is good but the bad part is the team they beat had 2 of his buddies on it (Lane and Justin). My worst fear of the game came true when he had to guard Lane. I didn't see this but Tammy told me that when he was guarding him Lane got away from him so Tyson started yelling for him. He even got to bring the ball up a couple of times and once he just stood out there dribbling and looking around like he was in control of everything then he passed it off and took off running and skipping again.

Small group was fun as usual, I really enjoy that time in that type of setting and it makes me wonder why we got away from them for awhile last year and most of this year. I look forward to next Saturday but I will be flying solo as Tammy and her dad head down south Friday. After small group took off like a bat out of you know where to make it to the McAllisters before they got there for a sursprise party for Elizabeth. That was fun to hang out with them and the others that were there even got to play a little euchre and spoons.

Sunday was another great day and I must say that another awesome series has kicked off. PK's messages are always great and I'll admit I got my toes stepped on a bit but I know that these messages are done for a reason for each one of us. I really did need to examine my heart and take care of business and get things straightened out. Thanks for that message PK. I have to say great job to the worship team as they all did a good job yesterday and big kudos to Jennifer for her singing on Here I Am To Worship. Once again I loved the "free worship" at the end of service, I know we have a set list and schedule of service each week but when God steps in and takes over that is just soooooooo cool. The last song of the set I Give You My Heart was thrown in late Thursday but what a perfect fit. Youth group was fun again and I am getting a little more comfortable with my role there and look forward to each Sunday evening and getting to know more of these kids.

0 comments: