Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Problem avoided

Do you ever have that feeling when your leaving somewhere that you didn't do something you were supposed to do like turn something on or off? Last night I was running the board at JOY FM while Naomi and David were on location and after they were finished and signed off I started the last song of the hour and turned the lights off, locked the doors got out to the car started it up and sat there for a second thinking I forgot something. I debated for a quick moment if I should leave or go check. I decided to go check so I ran back in unlocked everything, luckily the song was still playing, I peeked into the control room and noticed that the box on the top was white instead of red which means that when that song was done nothing would have happened but a bunch of dead air. I had about 2 seconds of dead air as I manually got the 7 o'clock hour rolling. That could have been catastrophic with a bunch of dead air had I taken off but something or should I say someone said go back in. Problem avoided.

I had a few little glitches during the broadcast like starting a song and for some reason the song and a jingle both started at the same time but I caught that one and fixed it rather quickly but it just sounded funny for about 5 seconds. And one other thing I was all caught up in a song with a cool bass line just air jamming away when it ended and I noticed that I didn't have the auto on button on but took care of that quickly as well. I guess I need to use the break option instead of turning the system off.

I'll be listening at 8 again to hear PK and Pink on the air should be good. I did make a quick list of songs that we as a worship team might have to learn and they are as follows:
Storyside B - Be Still
Robby Seay Band - Song of Hope
Newsboys - In Wonder
Matt Redman - Beautiful News
Connersvine - Live For You
Echoing Angels - You Alone
Leeland - pretty much anything from Sounds of Melodies esp. Tears Of The Saints, Yes You Have, Beautiful Lord, Reaching.
I'll miss this Sunday again because of something to do with something from Florida and something from Indiana. More details and hints later.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

This morning in the studio we didn't get to hear it, because we didn't have headphones on, but David caught the fact that the James Dobson Family Minute was doing something funky. You really have to be on your toes when your in the studio. You have your work cut out for you and you do a great job.

Derek Chalfant said...

It can easily get away from you if your not paying attention. I take it he enjoyed his coffee, you guys both did a great job again and I hope that those searching for a place to worship give FFC a shot.