Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ripped off

During this past weekends message one of the points PK brought up was how sometimes we feel that God has ripped us off in some way or another. This was a very good point and I sat and thought do I feel that way, is there some area in my life that I feel I've been jipped in. And to be honest I couldn't think of many if any and most of them were by my own doing. Later at Youth Group we talked about being a witness, not only with what we say but our actions as well. And that got me thinking as well, what is my witness like? Not just what I say but what I do, what I wear, what I watch and listen to. When people see and hear these things what do they think of my witness are they thinking "I thought he is a christian" or do they think "he is strong in his faith." Which then brings me to this point, I think that the one being "RIPPED OFF" is God. How many times have I wasted an opportunity, not helped someone out, spoken words of encouragement, etc. I am thankful that God is always there no matter how many times I rip him off waiting with arms wide open for me to come back around. Unfortunately this happens far too often than I would hope. This does go to show that the messages that we hear at church each and every Sunday speak to us and teach us and I thank all of the pastorial staff for being obedient to what God has laid on their hearts.

0 comments: