Saturday, December 15, 2007

1st practice out of the way

Last night was the first practice for the band that I am a part of, only problem was the only myself and Jon the guitar player were there. The other 3 were busy so maybe next week we will be able to get all of us together to work on some songs. Jon and I did come up with a few ideas to work on and did work on a few of them including a Goo Goo Dolls song called Better Days which I know they are a "secular" band but that song has great christian overtones to it. I showed him one of my songs and we worked it out a bit and got the bulk of it down and ready for the others and then I showed him the song that Carlie, Jared and I recorded a year ago. Who knows where this will go and what will become of it but it is a good release and maybe we can see some lives changed through our music or maybe it just might be like a small group setting with instruments though.

In for the day with a sick kid so we will just sit by the window and watch the snow pile up. I dig the snow both literally and figuritivly but don't want none of the ice that they keep talking about. Hopefully we can still make it to church in the morning because I think it is going to be a cool service but if not I hope everyone stays safe and warm.

0 comments: