Thursday, December 13, 2007

A few musical suggestions.

I've been going through a phase where I haven't been buying as many new cd's as I'd like, if it were up to me I'd be getting a new one every week, but I have come across a few good ones that I'd like to share with you. The first one actually isn't mine it is Taylors which she won at Youth Group a few months back, thanks Pink, it's Thousand Foot Krutch aka TFK "The Flame In All Of Us." Just a good rockin' cd full of energy and songs that just get me going. It came with the special DVD with the making of the cd which is always cool because you get a behind the scenes look at what goes on in making the music and such.

Another good one that I got the day after Thanksgiving for only $5 at the Family Christian Stores is Leeland's "The Sound Of Melodies." It is not a rockin' cd but the dude writes some great worship songs that would be a blast to do on a Sunday. Leeland is named after the lead singer who is only like 19 years old now and the cd has been out for a year or so and he is an incredible talent.

A couple of other ones that I've gotten are Indy's own Kids In The Way "Love Hate Masquerade" and Demon Hunter's "Storm The Gates Of Hell." Kids is just a good positive rocking cd, not much on the spiritual side on this release but good positive stuff that I don't mind my kids listening to. Demon Hunter is a brutally aggressive band that pulls no punches and is right up front with where they stand. Not alot of people would like alot of these songs as they are heavy and have the screaming going on but when they settle down a bit and just rock out and sing they are top notch. When I go back over to the Solid Rock Friday Night I'm sure I'll play some.

Now I need to pick up Seventh Day Slumber's "Finally Awake" and Red's "End Of Silence-Deluxe Edition" with the live dvd and a few others I can't remember, I'm so glad its Christmas time so maybe some of these will show up at the house. What is everyone else listening to these days? Any suggestions?

0 comments: