Friday, December 21, 2007

Real quick thought

As Christmas draws near and the excitment of the season gets ahold of you and your family take a minute to pray for those in this world, country, state, and even in your very own city who are sitting around an empty tree with nothing underneath or those kids who are going through a Christmas with no presents for what ever reason. My family and alot of yours as well are very blessed to be spending this time with family and "gifts" but there are way too many who will not be. When I hear of this it gets to me and I always think, "If I had______ I could really help those people out" But its not just __________ (Insert whatever in the blank) that could help them out, its a smile, a prayer, a word of encouragment or just a good thoughtful deed that could brighten up their day. I challenge you as well as myself to not just think about doing something about it but actually stepping away from yourself, your little bubble, zone whatever it is and reaching out to those in need. If God can move a mountain I know he can move me to do something like this and you as well, I just need to let go of the wheel and let Him take over.

1 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Good post and great challenge to us all.