Monday, December 31, 2007

200th post

Well this is my 200th post in the blogging world and it has been fun expressing my thoughts and all and I thank each one of you who take the time to check this blog out and hope that you enjoy it. This is also the final day of 2007 and I thought I'd take a little time to hit some highs and lows of 2007 before I go out to the church to Rock the Cat Box.

This year was a year of realizing a few of my own personal goals. I got and still get to play a DJ on Joy FM, I have been able to do quite a bit over there running the board during football games, and even taking the helm for a few shows of Solid Rock Friday Night and meeting and starting friendships with some of the other DJ's there. I await the chance to go back over there and have some more fun playing music.

I also hit another goal by helping promote my first concert, APOLOGETIX came to the church in May and put on a great show and had alot of fun transforming our sanctuary into a rock and roll show. Started a little friendship with the band and even still email Karl and J periodically and hope to see them again down the road. I got the chance to help promote the RTCB tonight and am getting ready to rock out and have some fun. Hopefully down the line we can do more of this when the new building is finished. I think it would be cool to once or twice a year bring a concert to FFC.

It seems that this year has flown by and doesn't seem possible to be 2008. This was the first year that I spent away from the racetrack on the weekends during the summer. Retirement from that was enjoyable to have weekends free but at the same time I missed it because I've been so used to traveling and hanging out at the track. I was able to hang out and work at the track a few times late in the year and who knows what next year will bring.

I hope you all have a good New Years Eve tonight, hopefully you'll spend it with us at RTCB but if not enjoy and see you all next year.

0 comments: