Wednesday, January 23, 2008

30 years ago this Friday



30 years ago this Friday this is what we woke up to here in good old Farmland. Now this picture is not in Farmland but the view is the same as it looked here. I remember it pretty well as I have never seen so much snow. We lived in the country on a road that there were 3 houses, our neighbors (who were in Florida for the winter), ours, and an old house that was abandond. Snow plows didn't hit our road too often and the snow was so deep in our yard that when Chuck and I took off running up towards the barn he tripped and fell and we looked back and saw that he had tripped over the top of the clothsline. Snow was deep on the west side of a building in the barn section that we could literally step from the top of the drift to the roof of the building which then we proceeded to jump off the side into another huge drift, that is until Mom and Dad saw us do that then they kind of put a stop to it. It was great, out of school for 2 weeks, playing out in the snow everyday, man imagine what it would have been like with cable, playstations, and internet we never would have went out. Maybe we will have another one sometime. I read up on it and the weather people only forcasted about 2 or 3 inches and we got around 20 with 30-40 mph winds for a few days. I'm gonna have to go over to Mom and Dads and check out the photos now.

1 comments:

Coby said...

see, things like this scare me. just the idea freaks me out. i really shouldn't live in indiana. it just doesn't suit me. lol.