Thursday, January 24, 2008

More tidbits

Tammy and I have come to the conclusion that we both need to start eating more healthy and watching what we eat. Now I have always watched what I eat, I watch it go from my plate to my mouth over and over again, but we are now starting to take a real good look at this. Monday I hopped on the scales here at work at to my astonishment it read 265 lbs. I have never weighed this much and I kinda thought this is ridiculous so I went home and Tammy and I talked about it and we have been eating alot better these past few days. I jumped on the scales this morning and have allready lost 4 pounds. I am shooting for 220 by summer but less than 220 would be better. I looked online and saw that a man my age and height should weigh 185 lbs, I haven't seen that this decade. We are eating alot of fruits and veggies and laying off candy, sweets, and fattening items especially around bed time. No more bag of popcorn at 9:30 and bed at 10. I will miss a few of the food items that I so love to eat but I know it is better if I just remember them more than eat them right now. Now we need to incorporate a little exercise into the routine.

Few tidbits:
I am getting excited about the start of the racing season now that football season is basically over.

I am really excited about going back to JOY FM tomorrow night for a little SRF after the basketball game. I'm sure I'll remind you all again tomorrow.

I kind of like this little cold stretch we're having in a strange way, sure makes getting out of bed each morning just that much harder. Now if we'd only get about 15 or so inches of snow......

I have been enjoying watching the auditions for American Idol for the first time ever, they are funny, good and sometimes down right awful but I will give those people credit, I couldn't get up in front of people and sing.

I think my favorite show on TV right now is Criminal Minds. That show just rules. It is also 1 of 2 shows that we actually watch every week.

I am about to finish up Exodus in the bible and even started reading the New Testament a chapter a day at work. If all goes well I will read through the entire bible twice this year and the New Testament 3 times.

I am ready to listen to the next three messages again, they were all good the first time around so I'm sure they will be again. I remember the Glory and Warrior series musically because I put together a cd of new songs for the Glory series which we ended up doing quite a few of them and you even still hear it on Sunday mornings before and after services and the Warrior series I helped write the theme song but for the life of me can't remember how it goes. Maybe someday it will come back to me.

Finally I really like seeing all the progress the construction crew is making each week on the new building, it won't be long and we will be having an opening ceremony there than putting it to good use and seeing lives impacted.

0 comments: