Friday, January 11, 2008

First week back almost over

Well the first week back at work for the year is almost over and yes I'm ready for the weekend where I can sleep in tomorrow and enjoy all the sports on TV, after all isn't that what weekend television is about? Then off to church and youth group Sunday so it should be a couple of good days. Saturday unfortunately Tammy will be working so she will miss out on sports on TV and the nap that sometimes goes along with it.

I am up to Genisis 40 on the daily reading and I have decided not to follow a certain plan other than making sure I read daily. If I read 3 chapters great, if I read 10 great, no required amount of chapters per day just read. I have a hard time with some of the OT with the details but I do like when reading about Abraham, Issac, Noah, and those that we are all familiar with. I still haven't started the journal or highlighting certain scripture that stands out yet but I will let you know when all that gets going.

I am ready for 2 weeks from tonight when I get to go back over to JOY FM and do a little Solid Rock Friday for an hour or so. I have allready started thinking of what I'm gonna play which I am sure will change a few times between now and then.

2 comments:

Marggy Hensley said...

Dereck, I this is just one suggestion about starting a journal. While reading the Bible mark any passage that stands out to you. Then journal your answers to these 4 questions.
What does this tell me about God?
What does this tell me I should do?
What promise from God does this passage have?
What one thought would God want me to carry with me today?
I used these questions that i picked up off Moody Radio for some of my best journaling.

Derek Chalfant said...

Thanks for the tip Marggy, I'm going to copy these down.