Sunday, January 27, 2008

Songs from Sunday

Here is a list of the songs we did today

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Daniel Baker (the same guy who did Just As I Am)
Make A Joyful Noise - David Crowder Band*
Everyday - Hillsong
My Hope Is In You - Third Day
Give Us Clean Hands - Charlie Hall
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin
Forever - CT

It went pretty good today glad to have the Jackson back, I really like that guitar its nice and light and the neck is easy to get around on. I was having trouble keeping the top string in tune, I'd tune it and it would be good but then go to play a chord and it would sound awful. Tightened up the locking thing at the top and it has fixed the problem. I like Make a Joyful Noise especially when the rocking starts and Everyday has always been one of my faves, crank up the distortion and let it rip. Kind of got a little off on the bridge part, don't know if I was playing it too fast or if the singing was too slow but it was still good. How Great is always good when we stop playing and just do the singing like happened today and Forever was fun to play. I really dug that when the clapping started on the his love endures forever part. It sounds cliched but when the "crowd" starts getting into it then that just gets me more into it, you know feeding off the energy kinda thing. Time to finish up my reading before YG so I can get the all coveted sticker.

2 comments:

Coby said...

man, i wish i was there. :( i went to the saturday evening service and actually intended on going to the 10:30 service, but before i knew what was going on, my phone was ringing and i looked at the clock and it said 12:03p. dang.

bryan vickery said...

i had the privelege of watching the service while lying in bed sick. and i was surprised how good the sound quality was through the live feed.

oh, and sorry for the beatdown you took last week in fantasy basketball ;o)