Monday, January 14, 2008

Is it that bad?

You know I am a bit bummed by the fact that the Colts lost yesterday but by that same token it is not the end of the world. After talking to Pink last night at youth and he was saying that there were grown men either on the verge of or actually crying over losing a game.......People thats just it, its a game. Now I can understand the players emotion because its what they do for a living but as a fan I did not have any "crying" moments or any reason to cry. I'll still watch the games next weekend and I'll watch the Hype I mean Super Bowl and enjoy it just the same, and as always the commercials will probably be better than the game. I have been a sports fan all my life and I don't think I've ever cried over a game that I was watching, I've been mad and yelled because of the stupidity of my team but never been inclined to shed tears. I am a big Atlanta Braves fan and I've had plenty of disappointment with them in the playoffs that it is no big deal if and when they lose, I am a big Tony Stewart fan but I know that he is not going to win all 36 races nor is anyone else so I not going to lose any sleep when he dosen't win a race or the championship. Its a game and some games you win and some you lose, unless your the Patriots this year, but life goes on. I'm sure if the Chargers lose next week that James will be at work the next day or at youth that night doing what he does, maybe with a little less pep in his step but it won't be the end of the world. And if they win we will celebrate with him and maybe he can enjoy what we enjoyed last year with the Colts.

On a side note the best game of the weekend was the Packers-Seahawks game in the snow. Now thats how football in January should be played, outside in the elements, down and dirty, sliding around. I loved that game.

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Was there a game yesterday?
........

I agree about playing in the elements. My last football game of my junior year was played in a pooring rain and the field was absolute slop. There was no grass left, only mud. Every tackle left mud on your face, in your ears, and in your mouth guard. I loved it!