Monday, May 12, 2008

Gunslingin' thoughts

Aside from the country theme I think this new series is going to be awesome, really liked the message yesterday. I always have liked the verse "to live is Christ, to die is gain" but like so many others I don't want to die just yet. But I can tell you that one person I really want to look up in heaven and just sit down and talk and listen to stories is Apostle Paul. There are alot of people from the bible who would be fun to talk to but I think Paul would be at the top of the list. I really enjoy going to FFC where each series just flat out brings it, they keep getting better and better and now it is up to me and you to live these things out. Thanks PK for all that you do, even wearing cowboy getup.

Yesterdays songs are:

Mighty To Save - Hillsong (I think this is a "crowd" favorite)
Everlasting God - Lincoln Brewster / Chris Tomlin (once again the people were very loud during the chorus)
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin (I really dug the way this one ended)
I Saw The Light - Hank Williams (I hope I didn't lose my rock card on this one, people seemed to enjoy it though)
Come Thou Fount - Robert Robinson (I liked the explanation at the begining, admit it you always thought of Scrooge when the word Ebenezer came up on the screen just like me)
How Great Is Our God - Chris Tomlin (played this one much better than last time, we stayed on time)
How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine (I like the way these two go together)

I think there will be more surprises during this series so we will just have to see what unfolds. Youth was fun last night with a little 4 square and Sanctuary dodgeball then a good message about Peter and his denials then meeting back up with Christ and seeing how the "3" times were turned around into something else. It was one of those "I never made the connection things."

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Derek,

The worship team did a great job of bringing glory to God with their talents this weekend. Thanks for doing what you do.

There are some spare cowboy hats on the stage if you would like to throw one on next time. ;-)