Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh what a night..

Well what started out as a normal 10-11 shift turned into a 8-11 shift and I loved every minute of it. I got a call around 5 asking if I could go over at 8 and be on until 10. I told him I could do all 3 hours but he said he would try and get someone for the final hour. That didn't happen and I got to do the whole show. It was fun, gave away a cd had a few requests and had a few calls asking about songs and such and even tried to give a little news about some of the artists. I played 47 songs by 45 different artists. I played two Third Day songs and two Thousand Foot Krutch songs, got a request for the TFK song as I was playing the other one. One problem a cd was skipping for a bit but switched that out and carried on.

At the end of the show at 11 it is supposed to go into the Z Rock Radio Revolution but as the hour switched over it skipped the 1st segment so I tried to put it back in and it skipped again so I started a song and noticed that both segments were there but not there. They weren't ID so they weren't recognized. So we had a little issue. There was only 25 minutes of music in the hour so I had to go in a put more songs in to make it through the hour and some station ID's after every 2 songs. It was fun to replace all those missed minutes and I am glad that I stayed there to make sure everything took off. Also learned to have a song on the computer ready while playing cd's just incase something happens to the cd. Tammy and Taylor went with me and Taylor got to introduce 3 or 4 songs and we all had fun. Should have took the camera, oh well next time. Thanks to all who listened.

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Ah, I missed it! Sounds like fun though!