Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday (& Saturday) Reflections

I was being taught a lesson this weekend through 2 teachings and I'm glad for these teachings. I find myself more often than I'd like being short tempered and having no patience with the kids on some days. I might be angry from something that they had nothing to do with then come home and be irritable and every little thing sets me off. Friday I took Tyson and 2 of his buddies to Eatsa Pizza for some food and games and had fun then went and played the fastest round of miniture golf in the history of said golf. I think it took us about 15 minutes tops to play, we didn't keep score because the boys never remembered and they were 2 or 3 holes ahead of me. Fun but for some reason a little thing like that just got under my skin. There was 2 other people on the top side that we played and they were just about to finish up when we started so there was no chance of catching them. Get home and its all video games for the rest of the night.

Saturday 1st lesson, went to small group and we are in a transistion phase not quite ready to start into our next study so we had a quick one on building your house, family, marriage on a rock instead of sand. Good lesson and one of the last points made was that children are a blessing from God. I know common sense stuff here but for some reason the more I think about it the more it sinks in deeper and deeper and makes me think why do I get angry and upset as much as I do when I have been blessed so much with these two. Then Sunday Pink brought it, I really enjoyed the message he brought and yes I need to live out alot of what he said, but what struck me the most was setting an example in front of the kids. Both of the kids get it when it comes to God but I want to be a example for them so that they always get it and are never ashamed. God has this great way of getting our attention when we need to stop and refocus where we are at and I thank Him for doing that this weekend.

Songs from yesterday...
Everything That Has Breath - Matt Redman
In the Secret - Sonicflood
Now That Your Near - Hillsong
My Hope Is In You - Third Day
All Who Are Thirsty - Vinyard/Kutless
Breathe - Micheal W. Smith, someone else wrote it and it escapes me right now.
He Reigns - Newsboys

The worship has been incredible these last few weeks and yesterday was no different. I really liked ending with He Reigns, it was like a victory celebration type thing and yes the people were LOUD on this one. I really dig it when up on stage you hear the people singing louder than us. And I wished I would have known Pink was going to use the spin as an example cause I would have faked one but hang on its coming again sometime.

0 comments: