Monday, June 23, 2008

Dead air, not good.

I got to go over to the radio station again this past Saturday and do the 12-3 show and we had David Emerson of the morning show on location in Richmond so I got to have a little fun and banter with him for the first time. Only problem was I had a little trouble getting things rolling. When he first called I got it all set up which is put the phone on hold, turn on a machine that takes over the phone then you pick the phone back up and press the line button and hang up and the machine should have the call, I did all that and it didn't have the call so I hung up on him. No biggie he called back and got it all together or so I thought. Got to break and was leading him in and David hows it going out there in Richmond.........













Nothing had to start the next song, he called back I told him where everything was and allright it all sounds good lets try it again. Song ends lead in again and..................nothing still, panic is about to set in. Look over everything again and I see the problem, there is a dial that has various items on it and it needs to be on phone which is number 1 but I had it on 2 which has the phone word right underneath it. Flipped it over to #1 and now we are ready. Dan Franks called to offer his help but I let him know I've just fixed the problem and we are ready to roll. David called back and everything else went off without a hitch. It was fun but nerve racking at first but we got it covered. Now ready for Friday when I do SRF with a little help from Pink.

Song list:
O, For A Thousand Tounges To Sing - David Crowder Band* (went over very well)
Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin (getting more comfortable with all the little fills in this one)
Famous One - Chris Tomlin
How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin (I dig this one too and I think you all do as well)
Majesty - Jack Hayford
All Who Are Thirsty - Vinyard/Kutless (did I mention Kutless is going to be in Brookville, IN tomorrow night for FREE)
Enough - Chris Tomlin/Jeremy Camp/BarlowGirl (been awhile since we played this one)

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

yeah that would be rough, but what can you do?

Coby said...

Looking forward to listening on Friday!