Thursday, June 12, 2008

Somethings going on

Ever get the feeling that something is going on and you just can't put you finger on it.



I know I should remember whats happening today but for now it escapes me.....

I was hoping looking through the sport section would help me out but alas I'm still drawing a blank.



The more I look and the more I think I'm starting to get an inkling of what it is, its right there but I can't put my finger on it.


UGH!!!!, it's so close I could almost touch it but it just keeps slipping........


Oh yeah, duh, I turn 40 today you know the new 20 or so they say, or maybe I'm really only 29 with 11 years experience or maybe, nah, its just another day or is it. Yes it is but it is a bit different because when I get home there will be a strawberry pie waiting for me to devour, oh I can taste it now. Turning 40 doesn't bother me one bit, I figured you can't stop getting older and its better than the alternative. Plus now all those number thingys at the bottom of the post will disappear.

One final thing Tammy had a good idea yesterday and we did it and let me tell you it made us feel good. Our neighbors went on a camping trip for the weekend and we needed to mow our yard and the neighbors yard could use it as well so she thought about mowing it at the same time so we got our mower borrowed Mom and Dads and proceeded to mow both yards which was fun as strange as it seems. The best part is doing it and them having no idea that we mowed yet until they come home. A little random act of kindness, hmmmm sounds like something we talked about at church this weekend.

5 comments:

Rick Brown said...

your getting old!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Der !!! Proud of the man you have become.

Kris Sorensen said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Derek -
Happy Birthday!!! The Big 4-0!! Your not getting old, just wiser.

Aub, Roy & the girls

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you've finally joined the club, I've been keeping your seat warm! 40 isn't too bad - at least not yet anyway. :-) Happy Birthday!