Saturday, June 7, 2008

Surprise, surprise, surprise


I say that with my best Jim Nabors impersonation, and that was the theme for tonight. I as well as a partner in crime as shown here a few years back, ok more like 20 some years ago. Its a little blurry but still funny none the less. Thats me with the red guitar, I miss that one. Andy is on the right with the Q95 shirt. When I was born and leaving the hospital his mom was on her way in to have him so basically we have known each other all of our lives. I could tell you alot of stories but not now. Anyway fast forward to sometime last year at the McAlister house and we got to talking about both of us hitting a milestone this year and Tammy and Mandy thinking that we should all get together for a big bash.
Move ahead to earlier this week and we get a message from Elizabeth M. and she was "HAVING" a jewelry party and Tammy was invited and should bring the kids. No problem just some free time at home for me, then I get a call from Andy asking if I could help him and JD and some others move some chairs around at church, no problem. I get there 10 or so minutes before them and am waiting, don't want to go interupt the "JEWELRY PARTY" and PK comes out and we chit chat and get ideas on how to change the chairs around and here comes the troops and we start to get the ball rolling but JD thinks there is some chairs missing and we need to get them. Out to the KidZone area we are a headin. Get to the door and Andy and I start in and SURPRISE.
There was no jewelry party, instead a big surprise birthday for both of us, Andy thought it was just for me but nope. It was a big surprise and very enjoyable seeing friends, family and even a few people I haven't seen for quite a while. It was a lot of fun and Tammy and Mandy did a wonderful job and were both very sneaky and defineatly got us. All I know is that with all these "STORIES" this past week leading up to this, the altars will be full at church tomorrow;}
Final 4.

1 comments:

Coby said...

Haha! That picture is great! Happy birthday and glad that you had a good time! =]