Monday, June 16, 2008

What a long strange weekend it was

This was one long and different weekend. Started off Friday with SRF which I got home between 11:30 and 11:45 pm and I was pumped up from being on the air and couldn't sleep so I went out to the living room and got online and watched tv and next thing I knew it is almost 5 in the morning which means I've been up for over 24 hours, haven't done that in a long time. Went to bed around 5:30 got up around 8 am and went with Tammy to go clean. I thought well I'll come home and take a nap. After cleaning and doing some running around its 1:30 or so, got home and got a call from Mom and Dad asking if they can borrow our mower so we load it up and go help them mow the yard, been quite a while since I've mowed their yard, and get done head home and have to go to Winchester to get the oil changed, by the time its all said and done its 6 something, still no nap, finally get one for a bit and guess what its 2 something before I get in bed.

Church was good, Ryan and Nate both did excellent jobs yesterday I really enjoyed the two of them sharing their talents with all of us. After church its off to Quaker Haven with Taylor and Abby to take them up to camp. Nice little trip up and end up behind this lady. Get the kids checked in and all set up and off to supper. Was heading for Pizza Hut but I suggested somewhere else. We decide on that and head off to REDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ROBIN, YUM!!!! (go ahead and sing it like the commercial). I agree with PK that we need one of these in Muncie. Good food, go running around the Ft. Wayne mall area waiting for it to storm, went to a pet store and Tyson and Tammy both held a snake, what kind of freaks are they, and no we can't get one.
Finally head home with a big storm behind us following us all the way home, every county we go in has just had a severe thunderstorm warning issued. Finally home and relaxed for the evening watched the last two holes of the US Open, sorry I was hoping Tiger would miss that putt and Rocco would win but we'll find out today. Didn't need to see that the 88 car won the race in Michigan especially how it went down, oh well NASCAR is happy so what can you do. Had to miss youth and that was a bummer.

Yesterdays list:
Love the Lord - Lincoln Brewster
All We Need - Charlie Hall (dug doing this with the distorted heavy guitar thingy)
Be Thou My Vision - Eleanor Hall (Jennifer knocked this one out of the park)
From The Inside Out - Hillsong United (one of my favorite songs, was real nervous during this and it showed missed a few notes and flubbed some others but it was still fun)
Above All - Micheal W. Smith
Jesus Draw Me Close/All In All - Rick Founds/Vinyard
He Is Lord - Mercy Me

3 comments:

Coby said...

You guys did really well with worship on Sunday. It was awesome!

Shelby-Grace said...

Glad you got to experience Red Robin. It is one of our favorite places. I don't think you could order something bad there!

Derek Chalfant said...

Tammy, Tell the Preacher that they are building a Red Robin in Noblesville not to far off "the 69" and "the 238." Should be opening soon I hope.