Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

I enjoyed this weekend so much I've decided to extend it this whole week, a vacation from work which will be good to recharge those batteries and enjoy some rest and relaxation. Don't know if we are going anywhere this week until Friday and even then don't know the plans for sure. It was a good weekend where I went to not 1, not 2, but 3 cookouts and they were all good, hate to step on a scale right now. Started off with a cookout with our growth group and some swimming for the kids and a little basketball for the boys. Then after church yesterday went to one of Tammys uncles house and had a cookout there, which was good. Then came home and headed out to Pinks for another cookout with the youth. Played a little cornhole where the game I played Nate and I dominated. It was fun hanging out with the newbies, those who where in 6th grade last year and are on their way to junior high. It was fun, the food was great and the company was fantastic. We have a good bunch of kids in the youth group and it is cool to get to know them and hang out.

Yesterdays was fun at church and the music portion had a little Saturday night feel to it, and it was enjoyable to play some of those songs again. Here is the list:

Let It Rise - Big Daddy Weave (A real fun song to play)
You're Worthy Of My Praise - Jeremy Camp style (Another fun one, lots of distortion)
Love The Lord - Lincoln Brewster
All To You - Lincoln Brewster (Another fun one, the chorus has been known to throw me but not yesterday)
Here I Am - Shaun Groves (Never done this one before but it went pretty good)
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (Seems to go over well)
Shout Unto God - Hillsong United (One of my all-time favorites, was really fun to bring this one back. Always seemed to get people going with this simple little song, hopefully we can do it again sometime soon.)

0 comments: