Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Exciting start to the morning

Today has been interesting to say the least and I have not even been up 2 hours yet, unless you count getting woke up around 2 am with the wonderful storm we had. First off I had the alarm set for 4 pm instead of 4 am like it should have been so I woke up late, on the way to work I was just enjoying God's awesomeness watching the lightning show He was providing as it was gracing the western sky, it was cool watching it start in the south and end in the north right in front of me. But sometimes with lightning there is a price and I will get to that in a second. Coming down McGalliard around Wheeling a ladder fire truck come around the corner and headed west, looked up and it was pretty much gone in no time. So I kind of kept an eye out for it and I saw it turn way up by where I turn to go to work. Get on up here to Bethel and another fire truck comes across so I fall in behind it and it turns on Bethel by McDonald's. First thought that comes to mind is what if Twoson is on fire, as we come around the corner I see them stopped in front of the shop, as I come on up I see across the street from Twoson there is a tree that obviously was struck by lightning and was actually on fire, anyone got marshmellows or hot dogs? I was going to get a picture of it and put on here but they were on it with the water and putting it out quickly buy it does smell like a bonfire here now.

Yesterday was fun at the station and today will be bittersweet, I've enjoyed these few days over there but alas today I must say goodbye to my little stint, which has totally ruled. Today will be fun as it is Whatever Wednesday no giveaways except the Word Of The Day and hopefully it won't take as long to get a winner on that unlike yesterday. Monday I had like 7 calls for that and yesterday it was like pulling teeth to get people to call, no one must have been hungry. Name That Tune was another story, didn't even get the headphones off and the phone was ringing, congrats to Angel Silvers for picking up the Todd Agnew cd. I'm running on fumes right now from lack of sleep but the weekend is coming.

0 comments: