Friday, August 22, 2008

And so it begins....

Tonight is opening night for high school football on JOY FM and I'll be at the controls on the board for all of the games this season while Ryan Gathard will be at the games doing the play by play. I have never actually met Ryan but just be talking to him on the phone before I get everything set up for the game he seems like a pretty cool dude. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, excited because I like doing things over at the station and really enjoy it, and nervous because doing ball games is a bit different than remotes and other things I do there and I just hope to remember all I've learned. Also during half-time I'll probably do a little something for a small half-time show and after the game I'll be doing an abridged version of Solid Rock Friday Night until 11 so come join me. This means that it has been almost 1 year of working over there on a constant basis which has been very enjoyable.

It also means that it has been almost one year since Tammy's mom passed away. I don't know what tomorrow will bring for her as it will mark one year and I know that she misses her a whole bunch. One year ago last night was the last time I saw her and it is a memory that is etched in my mind and I will keep it there forever. We had just got our new computer and had taken them our old one and something wasn't working quite right so I stopped over there after work and helped get it up and running. As I was leaving she came over and gave me a big hug and we told each other that we loved one another. That was something that we rarely did and that is what makes that memory such a special one. God Bless You JoNell.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know it has been very hard on Tam with all the reminders in this past year--but now maybe some healing can start and she can have some peace. I know from past losses that the first year is the hardest but like the song says "Every tear I cried He holds in His hand" God has been with your family holding you up and will continue to do so. I love you all so much. Mom