Monday, August 25, 2008

The weekend that was

Yesterday was a good and fun day hanging out with the FFC peeps pretty much all day, church, picnic, and youth. I've really enjoyed this My Marriage Stinks series, it has been one that has opened my eyes in some new light and I hope that what was learned will be put to practice now. My brother and sister in law have made it to church for the entire series and I hope that they continue to come out each week, I know they won't be there this weekend as they and Tammy and the kids will be a couple of states south of here for a family reunion, I'll be home working. I am excited about the upcoming series and I really think after hearing what it will be about that there will be some lives changed these next 4 weeks, its gonna be cool.

The picnic/baptism was cool, good food, good company, and seeing people express their faith by getting baptized, including my Dad. It has been amazing seeing his transformation over the past few months and I'm excited to see where his journey takes him. Youth was fun, played a little volleyball and am paying for it this morning with some aches and pains but it was all good. Ready for the day at work to end to go and check out the MC football team and that will be fun.
Here is the list of yesterdays songs:

How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin (its no secret I'm not a big Tomlin fan, but this is one of my favorite songs to play period, especially when the chorus comes around and you look out and see all those hands raised, wow)
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
The Solid Rock - Edward Mote (never heard this before and it was a bit tricky but we pulled it off)
Your Love Oh Lord - Third Day (one of my favorite Third Day songs)
Jesus, Draw Me Close / All In All - Rick Founds/Vinyard
Majesty - Jack Hayford
Prince Of Peace - Micheal W. Smith (oldie but a goodie, I remember all those see who can be louder the men or women contests on the chorus)

0 comments: