Saturday, August 9, 2008

Locked and Loaded show

What a great show, we only had 11 bands, 2 of them had to go home for various reasons so the other 11 came and rocked us. Had a small crowd, of course I was hoping for alot more but the bands still gave everything and enjoyed rocking out with us. All of the bands were good and it being the last night of the tour some craziness happened like during the openers set, Pilot For Kite, during the last song some of the other bands came and started taking away the drummers set, it was pretty funny. During the next set, Alli and I, someone complained of the noise so we moved the show indoors which was actually cool so it all worked out. Kind of put us a bit behind but we soldiered on. Got to hang out and talk with a few of the bands and really enjoyed the whole show. Today though I am paying for standing for the most part from 9:30 in the morning till around midnight, had a few spells of sitting but my legs and hips are really sore, I'm just old I guess.

One thing that really stands out about last night was the openess of each band who spoke on what they stood for. All to many times now days bands who call themselves christian bands are hard to tell from secular bands. Their music and lyrics are very positive but on stage they don't ever tell you what they stand for, so I applaud each of these bands for sharing their hearts with all of us.

Went out this morning a fixed breakfast for the bands that stayed and got to talk to a couple of them and had alot of fun. Big thanks to Elizabeth, Tonya and the kids, Mom and Dad and of course Tammy and the kids for preparing and serving the food. Last night Tammy and I were talking to Nicki the lead singer of the band Anacey and I knew they were from South Carolina and asked her how close to Anderson SC they were and she said not very far like just a few miles so I asked her if she knew Perry Noble and she goes to his church NEWSPRING. She thought it was funny that people in Indiana knew of her church. If you ever get the chance click on Perry's link at the side of the page and check it out. Good times. Too bad alot of people missed it. Maybe next time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I applaud all those who helped with Locked and Loaded Tour. And all the great bands. What a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to enjoying it again.