Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Try again

I tried doing another you tube video thing here and for some reason it doesn't want to cooperate so I will move on. I was posting a video of a song I heard again yesterday, I was sitting at the computer at home playing some, and I know I'll spell this wrong, Majong titans or something like that. It is a game with all these tiles that you have to match up if they have a side open, its one of those addictive games that I can play for hours. So I had the media player on playing some music and I was playing the game when this song came on. Now I've heard it quite a few times and the worship team used to play it every once in a while a few years ago and I always liked it but it never connected like it did last night. It was one of those where I listened to it 2 or 3 times right in a row and each time same impact. It made me realize how crazy God is for me / us and that like the song says I'd do anything to be with you. He will go to any lengths to be with us, why then do we sometimes go to great lengths not to be with Him. Anyway the song is by Third Day and it is from the Chronology One cd and its a new mix of the song called LOVE SONG. So without further ado here it is.

Lyrics:
I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I'd do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'd give anything
I would give my life away.

I've heard it said that a man would swim the ocean
Just to be with the one he loves
How may times has he broken that promise
It can never be done
I've never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

Repeat chorus

(Bridge)
I know that you don't understandthe fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize how much that I gave you
But I promise, I would do it all again.
Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

2 comments:

Coby said...

This was one of the first songs I learned how to play and sing at the same time. I just played it a couple nights ago because I hadn't played it in forever. Great song. I love it.

Chad Rector said...

Great song. It is one of my favorite Third Day songs.

There is a Third Day song (off the new album) that I have been listening to over and over recently called Give Love