Thursday, September 27, 2007

Enough all ready

We were watching TV last night as the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI:NY came on and we have been waiting for the new episodes for awhile now. We were missed Criminal Minds but we taped it and will watch it probably tonight but caught CSI:NY and I noticed something, every spot for a new show or for one that is coming up in the next few days all seemed to have the same theme..........sex. Now I know that this has been happening and increasing on tv for quite sometime but last night it just hit me that every commercial for a show had some sort of sexual theme weather it be a scantly clad woman or even the big bold letters used in some of them and I was getting tired of seeing it. It seems that all of the women on television now must also wear the lowest cut top that they can and squeeze into. 5 years ago I probably wouldn't have had an issue with any of this but now its just getting old. I like it when you don't have to monitor what is on when the kids are in the room but those shows are slowly fading away. What happened to the day when all this stuff was taboo and only on the pay movie channels? How far will the envelope be pushed? How long til there is no restriction on what is permisable on tv? Its no wonder why I like to watch sports on tv, preferably racing, football, baseball, and college basketball. Maybe I'm taking too much of a prude attitude towards todays society and what is acceptable but I don't like where this is all heading.

Side note check out Perry Nobles blog from Tuesday and Wednesday if you get a chance.

0 comments: